Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pesto and Pumpkin Seed Pasta

Tonight I had a fantastic reminder that good food, tasty food, needn't necessarily be slow food. The last few months I've been in a cooking slump; I'm not interested, I'm not motivated, I don't want to think about what to cook, and I don't want to be stuck in the kitchen.

However, after a week away with decidedly average cooking, and a day in which 10-12 years olds participated in a My Kitchen Rules style cooking challenge and TOTALLY ROCKED (dude, twelve year olds who know how to make risotto and truffles? HEAVEN!), I knew tonight I needed to eat Good Food.



We went shopping last night, so we had fresh mushrooms, a new bottle of basil pesto, and for the first time, some roasted pumpkin seeds. Liana uses these as snack material, so I decided to give them a try. They're great, but this particular brand is a little too salty for my liking - hence, cooking with them!

The Recipe - serves 2

2 large cloves garlic
olive oil
about 10 smallish mushrooms, sliced
2 rings of red capsicum/pepper, diced
1 tablespoon chopped pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons basil pesto
100g sour cream
2 small handfuls shredded baby spinach
Grated parmesan, for garnishing

Crush garlic. Fry in oil until golden. Add mushrooms. When partially sauted, add capsicum and seeds. When mushrooms are fully cooked, add pesto and sour cream. Stir through until heated. Serve over hot pasta and top with shredded baby spinach and parmesan.

Mmm.

See? Good food. Pretty tasty food. And it wasn't complicated to prepare. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...