Monday, September 20, 2004

Christine Johnston

Country: Australia

Cooking philosophy:
People eat with their eyes; food has to look good, and hopefully flavour will follow.

Favorite food to eat:
I absolutely love gourmet pizza, especially with fresh ingredients and yummy flavour combinations. Also fresh pineapple.

Least favorite food:
Anything meaty (I'm vegetarian).

Favorite food to cook:
Desserts! I love cooking desserts, though not necessarily eating them.

Can't live without what tool in the kitchen:
My food processor.

Can't live without this spice:
Rosemary.

Cooking goals for 2012:
I want to plan out my menus ahead of time for everyday meals.

A little about me:
I'm at my best when I'm in my kitchen planning for a food event. I love picking fresh produce out of the garden. One of my favourite food memories was hosting my teenage daughter and her friends for dinner, and they went to the garden to pick the ingredients for their homemade pizzas. I enjoy the challenge of finding new recipes to use with the ingredients I have at hand and delivering a tasty meal - like the time I had been given an abundance of persimmons and found a recipe for a persimmon cake!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...