Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ode to Banana Bread

My friend says she doesn't bake,
I'm afraid I can't relate.
It's a waste of time you say?
But what better way to spend a day!
Filling the oven full of treats,
Making the house smell so sweet.
And after all the mess and fun,
I enjoy a treat with my son.

Banana Nut Bread


1 cup mostly melted butter
3-4 bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cap (2 tsp) vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups sifted flour
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)


- Cream butter and sugar
- Add beaten eggs
- Cream bananas until fluffy
- Add fluffy bananas to the sugar mixture
- Add the baking soda and salt
- Stir in flour slowly
- Cream batter until it looks whippe
- Fold in chopped nuts or chocolate if using
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour

Serve with whipped cream cheese or butter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...