But that doesn't mean you don't want something that looks gourmet at your table. So here's the quick and easy way to make this deliciously decadent cake.
Chocolate-Raspberry Cake* 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix
-> all ingredients to make cake (usually water, oil, and 2-3 eggs)
* 1 tspn vanilla extract
* 1 box of raspberry jello (gelatin or jelly depending on what country you're in)
* 1 cup boiling water
* 3-4 cups of dark chocolate frosting (premade)
* 1 cup white chocolate chips -or- 4ounces white chocolate (cocoa butter ought to be the main ingredient)
* 1/2 tspn shortening
* 1-2 pints of fresh raspberries
- Mix together cake batter, add the vanilla, and bake according to directions. If you want a layer cake bake in two 9-inch pans, otherwise bake it all together.
- Turn the cake onto serving platter and let cool
- Boil the 1 cup water and mix in the full packet of Jello.
- Poke holes in the cake
- Pour 1/3 cup of jello over the cake. You don't want to make it soggy so you aren't going to use it all. If the cake still looks too dry add a little more. If it's too soggy, well, next time add less (it'll taste great either way)
- Set cake in refrigerator to cool and set
- Frost cake. If doing a layer cake frost one layer in dark chocolate, place half the raspberries in, top with the second layer, and frost the top.
- Melt the white chocolate and shortening together for 30 seconds in microwave. Stir until completely melted and put into icing pipe or plastic bag (if using plastic bag snip off the end to make pitpe).
- Pipe the white chocolate over the frosting in pretty pattern.
- Top with whatever raspberries have not been eaten by the kitchen fairies.