Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dreaming of Cupcakes...

Wow, this has been a busy month! I meant to put up a notice here to say I'd be back after Christmas... But I got busy :(

Anyway, the month of hecticness is over, and I finally have my kitchen back. Over the next few days I'll post some pictures of my kitchen from the last six weeks - we've been renovating, and the kitchen has been... cramped, to say the least.

I had a dream a few weeks ago about some interesting cupcakes (ha! Not obsessed, really...) and now I finally have the chance to make them. Hoorah :)

What were they, what were they, I hear you asking, jumping up and down with anticipation... Oh wait, that's me jumping O:)

They were, in fact, plum and passionfruit. Perhaps inspired by the gorgeous plums I've been having for morning tea for the last few weeks. *drifts off into dreamy thoughts of tasty, juicy, sweet plums...*

Okay, I'm weird, I know. But you have to admit, plum and passionfruit is really quite tame compared to some of the things I do... And am planning O:)

So, I bought plums and passionfruit today... and sat down to look for recipes. And guess what. There are none.

*sigh*

So, I'm going to have to weigh up my options. I could try that recipe I found for applesauce, that I've since used with watermelon and pineapple. The drawback here is that neither of these particularly tasted like their title ingredient. It could just be the nature of the ingredients, but I'm not sure I want to risk it.

I could try a plum teacake recipe, and see what I can do with it... This of course relies on my ability to alter recipes, which I don't have a terribly large amount of confidence in...

OR, and here's an idea, I could search for passionfruit recipes. Hmm. Okay, off to do that now...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...